Shane studied Accounting and Finance at Dublin City University before subsequently qualifying as a chartered accountant. He also holds additional qualifications in corporate finance, share valuations and forensic accounting. He is the director of the Firm’s Business Advisory services.
His areas of expertise include:
- The process of selling businesses. In this context Shane frequently works with management to prepare a business for sale and then advises on all the aspects of a sale once a purchaser has been found
- Mergers, acquisition and management buy-outs
- The valuation of companies and unincorporated businesses
- The raising of finance for business
- General Business Consultancy
- The carrying out of forensic accounting and fraud investigations
- The provision of outsourced financial control services
- The provision of general accounting services.
Client work includes
Shane advises on a wide variety of business advisory areas. The work that he has done recently includes the following:
- Acting as lead corporate advisor on the sale of a major Irish SME to a US multinational
- Acting as lead advisor to the management team of an acquisitive provider of childcare services
- Providing share valuation services for the purpose of resolving a valuation dispute among shareholders.
- Assisting an SME with a finance-raising project
- Providing independent expert reports for court purposes
- Acting as outsourced financial controller for various clients in the property and construction, hospitality, retail, healthcare, pharmaceutical and education sectors.