CGT is charged on gains on the disposal of assets. The disposal could be by way of sale or gift. While the standard rate of CGT on gains is 33% there is also a special 10% rate that applies to taxpayers qualifying for Entrepreneur Relief. Apart from this however, there are many reliefs and exemptions that can reduce or alleviate the charge to tax.
We advise on all CGT matters including:
- The correct treatment for arriving at base cost on a disposal of shares – First In First Out (FIFO) or Last In First Out (LIFO) treatment
- Retirement Relief
- Principal Private Residence Relief
- The transfer of site to a child
- Entrepreneur Relief
- The tax treatment of offshore funds
- The remittance basis of taxation for non-domiciled individuals.
- Utilising CGT loss relief.
- Dealing with a CGT-based Revenue Audit
- The preparation and filing of CGT returns.